This is a delicious way to sneak spinach and bulgur wheat into your diet! Enjoy!
4 large bell peppers (any color)
1 cup frozen spinach
1/2 cup diced onion
1 cup bulgur wheat
1 can fire roasted diced tomatoes
1 3/4 cups of water
sea salt to taste
pepper to taste
3 Tbsp dried basil
1/2 cup water
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Cut a 1/2 to 3/4 inch cap off the top of each pepper, scoop out discard seeds and white pulp. Rinse and then drain.
3. Spray a non-stick skillet with vegetable spray and saute the onion and spinach for 1-2 minutes. Stir in bulgur wheat and coat with oil. Stir in canned tomatoes with juice, 1 1/2 cups water, basil water, salt and pepper, and boil over medium heat for 10 minutes. Stir frequently.
4. Stuff each pepper to the top and place snugly in a baking dish. Add a 1/2 cup of water to the bottom of the dish.
5. Bake on 350 degrees for approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes or until peppers have softened.
6. Stir in nutritional yeast. *optional