I recently wrote about what you need in order to create a basic home gym and this week’s blog is dedicated to taking your home gym to the next level. The following equipment will take up more space, but will help shake up your fitness routine and see results!
1. A balance ball. A balance ball will challenge you and tone your entire core! The ball allows you to work your abs in a different way by forcing them to move through a greater range of motion and maintain abdominal engagement throughout each exercise. Abdominal crunches, oblique crunches and seated arm exercises are great to perform on the balance ball!
2. A bosu ball. A bosu ball will add extra challenge and core engagement to squats, arm exercises and pilates (it’s also fun). For ideas of exercises that can be performed on the bosu ball check out: http://bodydesignbyalissa.com/better-abs-with-the-bosu-ball.
3. A foam roller. I LOVE foam rollers. The foam roller will add a balance challenge to abdominal exercises, and can also help relieve muscular tension. Check out my blog this Thursday for techniques to roll out tension in your calves, quadriceps, hamstrings, lower and upper back muscles.
4. EZ sliders. EZ sliders are made for moving furniture, but are also an awesome tool to tone your buns and inner and outer thighs. Check out this link for ideas to slide your way to better thighs: http://bodydesignbyalissa.com/sliding-your-way-to-better-thighs-and-buns.
5. A pilates ring. A pilates ring can help to relieve neck and shoulder tension during abdominal exercises, work the inner and outer thighs, and increase pelvic floor engagement during your pilates practice. Check out this link for different pilates ring exercises: http://bodydesignbyalissa.com/sexier-abs-and-less-neck-tension-with-the-pilates-ring.
6. A personalized workout DVD. Body Design by Alissa will create a workout DVD for you based on your personal needs and the equipment you have in your home gym! Check out this link for more for more information: http://bodydesignbyalissa.com/services.