It’s football season again (and my birthday week)! 🙂 There’s no reason to stop celebrating your teams victory (or your birthday) just because you’re living healthy, but constantly overindulging on fatty foods and beer will undo the results that you worked so hard for. Here are my favorite tips for having fun without ditching your diet.
1. Drink water. I know I say this tip all the time, but drinking water will prevent overindulging on empty calories of alcohol. Try drinking some water in between each drink, I promise you’ll be glad you did the next day.
2. Indulge (just a bit). You are celebrating, indulge a little. Eat something that you love, but be sure to take only a few bites and share the rest with someone. You won’t feel like you’re depriving yourself and you can focus on what’s really important, being with your friends and family! 🙂
3. Choose a low-calorie drink. It’s pumpkin season and I must admit that I love the pumpkin beers that are out. Just realize that pumpkin beer is an indulgence and limit yourself to one. If you are going to drink alcohol, try a low calorie option that won’t leave you feeling bloated:
vodka with all natural cranberry juice
vodka with all natural pomegranate juice
rum and coke
4. Fill up on veggies first. Before you choose what you’re going to indulge on, eat some veggies. Eating healthy first will help curb your hunger so you don’t go crazy with the rest of your food choices.
5. Stop eating when you’re full. Eating too much will just leave you feeling bloated, sick and tired. Be conscious of how you’re feeling and once you feel satisfied, stop eating. If you follow this rule, you will feel better and have more fun at your party.